Friday, September 15, 2006

Mini Cappuccino Muffins

Mini Cappucino Muffins

The classic English (or for that matter German) Combination of Coffee and Cake (oder Kaffee und Kuchen) is something I just love. Though both of them are not the healthiest of foods they do bring great comfort to the soul. So when I read this recipe of coffee muffins which meant a combination of my two favourite foods I knew I just had to make them. And make them immediately. Fortunately the recipe did not require any unusual ingredients and I could get started immediately. I must admit that few weeks back I had read 2 good muffin recipes on Shammi's Food ..in the main which were quite an inspiration too. And I must say the result was stupendous. So here goes....

Ingredients:
250 gms self-raising flour, scant 1/2 tspn baking powder, scant 1/2 tspn salt, 1.5 tblspn instant coffee powder (dissolved in a little warm water) , 150 gms fine brown sugar (simple powdered white sugar is fine too), 2 large eggs, 125 ml milk, 125ml sunflower oil.

Procedure:

1. Sift flour and baking powder together at least twice.

2. Add to that the coffee solution

3. In another bowl whisk eggs ,milk and oil together. Fold this mixture into the flour mixture.The batter should still be lumpy.

4.Spoon into a greased muffin tray or individual muffin cups filling each to two-thirds full. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg C (400deg F, gas mark 6) for about 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. This recipe made 24 mini muffins.

I thought of taking them to the park in the evening to share with my friends but then felt too greedy to share them. But I'll definitely share the next batch.

9 comments:

Ashwini said...

This would make the coffee addict in me so happy. Coffee and coffee muffins :-)

Anonymous said...

coffee muffins look so delicious. I wouldn't have shared my first batch either :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh lovely. Can it be given in Kid's lunchbox or coffee is not good for kids??? (since I dont have kids, I donno what can be given and what cannot ..learning from all of you).

Vaishali said...

Look at those photographs!!! Marvellous!!! Forget the recipe, Anupama, I can just go on drooling at the photographs for hours. Yummmmmmm.....

Anupama said...

Ash, good to know another coffee addict.

Mandira, the best thing is they are the easiest thing to make.

Shilpa, As there is only 1.5 tblsns of coffee in the recipe and the recipe makes almost 25 muffins,the coffee content in each muffin is pretty low so I think they can be give as an occassional treat to children But only ocassionally. My son loves them.

Vaishali, Thanx for the compliments. I loved the photos too. I think my photography is improving.

Menu Today said...

Hi Anupama,
Your Muffin looks sooo nice. Neat Presentation.Thanks.

Prema Sundar said...

Lovely pictures!!! and a simple and neat recipe.. thanks.

Krithika said...

Muffins look delicious !

Anonymous said...

there very yummy and even nicer with some butter cream with a hint of coffee on the top